Nexus Repository Manager 3.5.0 Release Notes
These notes are a compilation of new features and significant bug fixes for Nexus Repository Manager 3.5.0.
See the complete release notes for all resolved issues.
New and Noteworthy
Yum Proxy Repository Support
You can now define Yum proxy repositories. In Nexus Repository 2, Yum support was built on top of maven repositories, this time around, we’re building yum as a first-class format.
Yum hosted and group repository support will be in a yet to be announced future release and this time around we’re building Yum support to be platform independent such that it will not have a dependency on the external createrepo program.
Note that upgrading Nexus 2.x Maven 2 format Yum enabled proxy repositories is not supported - your new Nexus 3.x Yum proxy repository will download remote rpm files and metadata as needed. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Upgrade Support for Firewall Enabled Repositories
For Firewall customers looking to upgrade their Nexus Repository instances from 2.x to 3.x, we’ve enhanced the upgrade wizard with support for quarantine-enabled repositories. This means that when you upgrade a 2.x instance to 3.x, the audit and quarantine history is upgraded along with it.
Upgrading from 2.x
If you’re upgrading from Nexus Repository 2, you must first upgrade your installation to 2.14.5. See the upgrade compatibility matrix for more information.
Changes to Startup Files
A JVM optimization was making debugging some of your reported issues difficult; we have corrected this by changing the default JVM options. [ NEXUS-13777 ]
Picking up this change will require the following line in file bin/nexus.vmoptions (now the default):
Per-Task Log Files
Scheduled tasks will now output to their own log files allowing for cleaner separation of task log output from regular log output. Task logs are retained up to 30 days and can be found near the existing log files under sonatype-work/nexus3/log/tasks.
- [ NEXUS-13486] Improvement prevent restoring database backups with mismatched versions
- [ NEXUS-12389] Improvement if the component database references a soft-deleted blob then prevent blob store compaction task from hard deleting the blob
- [ NEXUS-13485] Improvement warn in UI when ulimit < 65536 on Linux or OSX
- [ NEXUS-11870] Improvement jetty-https.xml obfuscated keystore truststore password values are confusing
- [ NEXUS-13901] Improvement support upgrading Nexus 2 Firewall enabled repositories to Nexus 3
- [ NEXUS-13304] Bug 500 responses from Nexus after enabling quarantine on NuGet proxy repository
- [ NEXUS-13363] Bug Conditional GET requests for Docker image layers always download the layer when proxying another Nexus performance
- [ NEXUS-12968] Bug Uninformative log message in ProxyFacetSupport - Content not present for throwing exception
- [ NEXUS-13777] Bug JVM optimizations may log exceptions without stack traces by default
- [ NEXUS-13554] Bug A NuGet package that is in Nexus 2.x storage but not in its database causes a NullPointerException on migration to Nexus 3
- [ NEXUS-12457] Bug npm proxy receiving connection reset responds to client with status 500 instead of 404
- [ NEXUS-12339] Bug Faulty result ordering for NuGet searches
- [ NEXUS-10144] Improvement improve robustness of NuGet case insensitive package ID matching
- [ NEXUS-10243] Bug Content type exception uploading tar files - identified as application-gtar instead of application/tar
- [ NEXUS-9546] Improvement add better validation on task configuration numeric fields
- [ NEXUS-13900] Improvement add YUM proxy repository support