Visit my.sonatype.com for documentation on Nexus Repository version 2.
Nexus Repository 2 does include some tooling to help you cleanup artifacts, namely in the form of scheduled tasks. These tasks include:
- Drop Inactive Staging Repos
- Evict Unused Proxied Items From Repository Caches
- Remove Snapshots from Repository
- Remove Unused Snapshots From Repository
- Remove Releases From Repository
- Drop Inactive Staging Repositories
Many of these tasks simply move items to the Nexus Repository 2 specific trash directory, so a final cleanup can be scheduled with the Empty Trash Task. Also, for removing old release artifacts, it is advisable to consider the items in this knowledge base article.
Additionally the following tasks may optimize the disk space consumed by search indexes:
- Optimize Repository Index
- Purge Nexus Timeline
- Repair Repositories Index - this will rebuild index from scratch.
Information about managing scheduled tasks can be reviewed in our documentation.
Information about system requirements, including storage space requirements, can be reviewed in our documentation.
Does Nexus provide any metrics to determine repository sizes?
Metrics would be very useful to find the largest repos, say, or the fastest growing repos.
We are closing this article for comments.
If you have a support license, please contact us by submitting a support ticket.
If you do not have a support license, please use our Nexus Users List or our other free support resources.