Visit my.sonatype.com for documentation on Nexus Repository version 2.
A. Nexus Repository 2 will pull in some configuration data from environment variables. If these are defined they will override the values in "$NEXUS_HOME/conf/nexus.properties". For Nexus 2.x the following environment variables can be defined:
- The location of the Nexus Repository 2 work directory, where Nexus Repository 2 stores all of its configurations and repository contents.
- Defaults to $(basedir)/../sonatype-work/nexus
- The host/address(es) that the Nexus Repository 2 server will be listening on
- Defaults to 0.0.0.0, which means that Nexus Repository 2 will listen on all network interfaces
- The port that Nexus Repository 2 will be listening on
- Defaults to 8081
- The context path that the Nexus Repository 2 application will be served on
- Defaults to /nexus
Caution: Generally we suggest avoiding using environment variables to configure Nexus Repository 2 if at all possible.
Caution: In older versions of Nexus Repository 2 these environment variables began with "PLEXUS" instead of "NEXUS". Use of "PLEXUS" environment variables is deprecated, and support for these will be removed in a future release.
Where is the code which controls the environment variables?
The code location is different per Nexus Repository 2 version. You can grep the Nexus Repository 2 OSS source code for 'NEXUS_' and 'PLEXUS_' to find the locations if the following links no longer work.
Nexus Repository 2.11.x: EnvironmentVariables.java
Nexus Repository 2.x latest: EnvironmentVariables.java