We are pleased to announce our newest version of Nexus Repository Manager. Our team is dedicated to delivering enterprise-quality software for you to manage all your component binaries in one tool. That’s why we have gone beyond our previous versions to give you improvements to user interface, system performance, and component format support. With all these new features in place, we are delighted to introduce Nexus Repository Manager 3.0!
Before You Begin
- Currently, users cannot migrate an existing Nexus Repository Manager 2 install to version 3. The first version of a migration tool will be available in 3.1. Read more about our current features and what's coming soon. You can see a demo video and read about migration on the Nexus community site.
- The new repository manager requires Java Runtime Environment 8, at minimum. Upgrade if needed.
- Experience with installing and running the Nexus Repository Manager 2 and repository concepts can be helpful, but not required.
What's New and Noteworthy for 3.0?
Here is list of all noteworthy changes to Nexus Repository Manager 3.0:
- Platform-specific installer application
- Re-designed user interface and navigation
- 'Remember Me' feature to prevent re-logging into the UI over and over
- New OSGI console, based on the Apache Karaf platform
- View component and asset details
- Ability to schedule tasks
- Ability to bookmark search results
- Repository support for Bower, Docker, Maven2, NuGet, and npm
- Improved security (Realms) for NuGet and npm
- Enhanced security for Privilege creation, allowing more flexible permissions for accounts
- Ability to search across all repository formats and components
- Repository Health Check for Maven, npm, NuGet proxy repositories
- Ability to specify SSL and TLS options for email configuration
- Large performance improvements to our Blobstore
- New default URL pointing to http://localhost:8081, previously http://localhost:8081/nexus in v2
- Java API for provisioning and configuration
We are advising that you use Nexus Repository 3.0 if you are planning to use npm, Bower, NuGet or Docker. If you are using Maven, we suggest that you continue to use Nexus Repository 2.x as we are still building features for 3.0 that many Maven folks will find handy. If you want to run both versions in parallel, that is perfectly fine too.
Where Can I Download the Release?
Nexus Repository Manager OSS:
OSX installer: http://download.sonatype.com/nexus/3/nexus-3.0.0-03-mac.dmg
Windows archive: http://download.sonatype.com/nexus/3/nexus-3.0.0-03-win64.zip
Windows installer: http://download.sonatype.com/nexus/3/nexus-3.0.0-03-win64.exe
Unix installer: http://download.sonatype.com/nexus/3/nexus-3.0.0-03-unix.sh
Where is the Documentation?
The latest HTML and PDF version are available at:
How Do I Upgrade?
Tell Us What You Think
We hope you will take this opportunity to discuss your experience with Nexus Repository Manager 3.0. To do this, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via the mailing list or chat.