Nexus Repository Manager 3.1.0 Release Notes
These notes are a compilation of new features and significant bug fixes for Nexus Repository Manager 3.1.0.
See the complete release notes for all resolved issues.
New and Noteworthy
Building on the solid OSS foundation, Nexus 3.1 is the first Pro release of the 3.x platform and the first 3.x release to support upgrade from 2.x.
Upgrade from Nexus 2.14.1 is supported!
Nexus 3.1.0 is the first 3.x series release that supports upgrade from Nexus 2.14.1 and greater. Please review our upgrade guide for more information on the exact steps required.
Changes To Default Installation and Work Directory Layout
Version 3.1 changes the default locations of core installation files relative to your specific work and data. It now more closely mimics the familiar pattern that Nexus 2.x followed. For users upgrading from 3.0.1/3.0.2, we strongly recommend adopting these defaults by following our special upgrade instructions.
Common Server Customizations More Easily Persisted Across Upgrades
Now you can store your server configuration files changes directly in the data directory, making backups and upgrades straight forward. Upgrades will involve fewer manual changes while easily picking up sensible default values for any new features.
Upgrading from 3.0.x? Follow these Instructions
Nexus Professional Features Support
Existing Pro customers can install their licenses into this version and begin to take advantage of advanced enterprise features.
UI Based Installer Distribution is Suspended
For the near future we have decided to remove the UI based installers. If you have previously used these installers, please review our article for more information.
Security Issues Resolved
As part of our continuous auditing, a number of potential UI exploits and vulnerable third-party dependencies have been fixed in this release to make a more secure product.
- [NEXUS-10446] Story blob store names should be case insensitive
- [NEXUS-9873] Story If there is only one blobstore then just select it in the new repository screen
- [NEXUS-10418] Improvement automatically clear the karaf bundle cache on startup
- [NEXUS-10454] Story Move the default location of the data directory in the tar/zip installs out of the install directory
- [NEXUS-10829] Story Store commonly customized configuration in the data folder
- [NEXUS-10154] Bug OrientDb allocates massive disk cache on large systems performance
- [NEXUS-10518] Story Upgrade to OrientDB 2.2.x
- [NEXUS-10630] Bug Unable to push image whenever it shares layers with another image already pushed by another docker client
- [NEXUS-10147] Bug add ability to dump invalid JSON payloads submitted by docker on parse errors
- [NEXUS-10883] Bug DEBUG level logging should print HTTP response code Nexus is sending
- [NEXUS-10242] Story Capture stdout and stderr to logfile
- [NEXUS-10817] Bug publishing npm packages with wrongly encoded ISO-8859-1 JSON fails with 400
- [NEXUS-8941] Bug Nuget packageId case sensitivity
- [NEXUS-11141] Improvement support for nuget repository "package-versions" endpoint
- [NEXUS-10808] Bug eager caching of nuget versions contributes to slow query performance performance
- [NEXUS-10473] Bug tmp files may be kept open after deletion performance
- [NEXUS-10019] Bug Deletion of asset from single asset component causes failure in UI
- [NEXUS-9844] Bug Wrong max component age pre-set for release Maven proxy
- [NEXUS-9523] Bug Starting to leave the browser with a dirty page but staying can break the UI
- [NEXUS-11254] Bug task "Rebuild repository index" may fail with with OutOfMemoryError
- [NEXUS-10882] Improvement upgrade Apache Shiro dependency to 1.3.1 to pick up recent security fixes
- [NEXUS-10917] Bug Repository Combobox Filtering not working
- [NEXUS-10922] Story Mask the UI on repository/blob store deletion
- [NEXUS-10823] Improvement component / asset webhook events for common operations