To downgrade a Nexus Repository Manager (NXRM) 3 PRO instance to OSS:
- Go to Administration -> Security -> Realms. If there are any PRO ONLY Active realms, remove these realms from the Active realm list and save.
- Gracefully stop the Nexus Repository process.
- Open the file
<data-dir>/etc/nexus.propertiesin a text editor.
- Add a new line to the file containing:
- Save the file with read permissions and ownership of the user owning the NXRM process.
- Required for versions 3.10.0 to 3.14.0 only:
- This step is not needed for versions 3.9.0 or earlier or 3.15.0 and later.
- You will need to modify the DB paths in the script before executing it.
- Download the attached
downgrade.osqlscript to your <app-dir>.
- Open the
downgrade.osqlscript in a text editor and modify the path references inside the script to refer to the correct locations.
- In a terminal session, change directories to the <app-dir> and execute the script using a java command:
java -jar ./lib/support/nexus-orient-console.jar downgrade.osql
- Start NXRM
Note: In a container environment you can pass "nexus.loadAsOSS=true" in using the INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS environment variable::
$ docker run -d -p 8081:8081 --name nexus -e INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS="-Dnexus.loadAsOSS=true -Xms2703m -Xmx2703m -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=2703m -Djava.util.prefs.userRoot=/some-other-dir" sonatype/nexus3
Note about Plugins
If any custom plugins were installed whilst on the PRO edition and they were installed by making changes to the <nexus_dir>/system/com/sonatype/nexus/assemblies/nexus-pro-feature directory, then to continue using these plugins on the OSS edition, you will need to make the equivalent install changes to the <nexus_dir>/system/com/sonatype/nexus/assemblies/nexus-oss-feature directory. Please consult the specific plugin's install instructions for further details.