This knowledge base article provides instructions for running the Nexus IQ Server as a service under Windows. If you want to run the Nexus IQ Server as a service on Linux please see our installation guide.
- Before beginning, make sure you have the latest Java version 7 from Oracle installed on the target system.
- Extract the clm-jsw.zip file attached below.
- Replace the extracted conf/config.yml with the config.yml file from current Nexus IQ server installation (be sure to check the "sonatypeWork" property in the copied version to make sure it is correct).
- Copy the nexus-iq-server-<version>.jar file from your installation into the "lib" directory.
- Using an administrative user, run ".\bin\clm install".
- Using an administrative user, run ".\bin\clm start" to start the windows service, or start it through the services UI
Note that a service will run as the system user in windows, and this user has "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Temp" as it's temporary directory. On some versions of Windows this directory does not exist by default. Make sure that this directory exists, and create it manually if it does not.