NOTE: These steps should not be used for nodes that are already part of a running high availability cluster. If you're already running Nexus Repo in an HA cluster contact support for information about moving blob stores.
NOTE 2: These steps should only be used in rare circumstances. The preferred way to move a blob store can be found here: Moving a Blob Store
The steps below allow you to move blob stores, with all data intact. In addition to moving the blob store directory ('
sample', in the examples below), you are required to change a blob store definition in the OrientDB config database so that it points to a different location.
- Shut down your repository manager from the terminal.
- Back up your data directory.
- Move the specified blob store directory to its new location, e.g.
mv /sonatype-work/nexus3/blobs/sample /new/blobstore/location/. The blob store location should have file "metadata.properties" at its root when this is done, and a directory of "content" as a sibling to that file.
- Access the OrientDB console as described here: Accessing the OrientDB Console
- Enter these commands:
connect plocal:../sonatype-work/nexus3/db/config admin admin
update repository_blobstore set attributes.file.path='/new/blobstore/location/sample' where name='sample'
About File Paths: While connected to the OrientDB console, always use forward slashes, even on Windows OS.
- Start up the repository manager.
- Log into the repository manager with your username and password.
- Click '
sample', from the Blob Stores screen in the Administration menu to view the new location of the blob store you configured in the OrientDB console (i.e.