The steps below allow you to move blob stores, with all data intact. In addition to moving the blob store directory ('
sample', in the examples below), you are required to change a blob store definition in the OrientDB config database so that it points to a different location.
- Shut down your repository manager from the terminal.
- Back up your data directory.
- Move the specified blob store directory to its new location, e.g.
mv /sonatype-work/nexus3/blobs/sample /new/blobstore/location/.
- Access the OrientDB console as described here: Accessing the OrientDB Console
- Enter these commands:
connect plocal:../sonatype-work/nexus3/db/config admin admin
update repository_blobstore set attributes.file.path='/new/blobstore/location/sample' where name='sample'
About File Paths: While connected to the OrientDB console, always use forward slashes, even on Windows OS, and always use a relative path from the application directory, not an absolute path.
- Start up the repository manager.
- Log into the repository manager with your username and password.
- Click '
sample', from the Blob Stores screen in the Administration menu to view the new location of the blob store you configured in the OrientDB console (i.e.