<TABLE OF CONTENTS>
Technical Support Requests
How do I create a standard request for product technical support?
Authorized support contacts have two options to create a support ticket:
- Preferred: Login to the support site and use the web form
- Send an email from your authorized support contact email account to email@example.com
The web form is the preferred method because:
- you will be guided to provide us exactly what we need to help you
- product selection and topics help us route your ticket to the best team for your issue
- we can more easily confirm your eligibility for priority support, reducing delays
- attachment size limits are larger than when sending by email
A support ticket should include:
- a product support zip from a licensed product
- an issue summary that describes the overall issue being faced
- detailed issue description, reproduce steps, questions, and desired outcomes
- attachments which add further context such as screenshots or compressed text documents
Try to avoid:
- a ticket describing more than one unrelated problem - instead open one ticket per distinct issue
- attaching proprietary document types with embedded information such as Office documents ( .doc, docx ) or Microsoft Outlook Item (MSG) files
SEV-1 Production Outage (outside normal support hours)
If your organization has purchased the optional "Extended Support"program, then you can get help when you have a production outage that happens outside of normal Sonatype support hours of operation. You must follow specific instructions to create an extended support request.
How do I create a followup ticket to an already closed support ticket?
There are two ways to create a linked follow-up ticket to an already closed ticket:
- Login to the support site . Click your profile menu at the top right of the page and select "My Activities" to view your previous tickets. Select the ticket you want to create a follow-up for, and then click the create a follow-up link.
- Reply to the last email message sent to you regarding the previous ticket. This email reply will open a new linked follow-up ticket if the previous ticket is closed.
How do I view my support ticket history?
- Login to the support site with your authorized support contact credentials.
- Click your profile menu at the top right of the page and select My Activities.
- To view all the support tickets you personally have filed: Under Requests, click My Requests.
To view all the support tickets you have been CC'd on: Under Requests, click Requests I'm CC'd on.
To view all the support tickets file by contacts from your organization: Under Requests, click Organization requests.
How do I specify the urgency of my support request?
Our initial response time during business hours is typically very rapid regardless of your urgency.
Sonatype Support Engineers will assess the urgency of your request when it is received. We will base our judgement on the information provided to us and the web form used to create the ticket.
If your issue has higher than normal business impact, please simply state that in the description when filing a standard support ticket.
If your issue is a Critical production system outage, then:
- Login to the support site with your authorized support credentials
- Navigate to the ticket web form
- Under What type of concern do you have?, choose Critical production system outage
- Fill in the form and submit it with as much detail and the latest application log files from failed startup.
Note: Abuse of this procedure for non-production-outages will result in the ticket urgency being lowered.
Sonatype Support Resources
What Sonatype product support resources are available?
We have a comprehensive list of all support resources, including free options, at https://my.sonatype.com/.
Product licensees authorized support contacts are eligible for technical support via our support ticketing system.
What are the official Sonatype support policies?
Our official support policies can be found here.
What are the Sonatype product support business hours?
Sonatype will provide Standard technical consultation and advice to Authorized Support Contacts between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday but excluding Sonatype's holidays, regardless of Severity Level. An Extended Support plan is also available for times outside of these hours.
For the latest policies consult the official Software Support Policy.
Does Sonatype offer a 24x7 support option?
Yes. "Extended Support" is available for purchase through your account representative. This optional support program provides coverage for SEV-1 production outages that happen outside normal Sonatype Support hours of operation.
Please note that extended support is for production outages only.
If you have purchased this option, follow these instructions to file an extended support request.
Self Administering Sonatype Support Accounts
How do I manage authorized support contacts information for my organization?
Organization owners can go to my.sonatype.com to manage your Sonatype registered organization, invite members to your organization and designate authorized support contacts.
Registering at my.sonatype.com
- About my.sonatype.com (0m 0s)
- Opening an account at my.sonatype.com (0m 30s)
- Create your organization (0m 45s)
- Verify your product license (1m 30s)
Managing Organization Members at my.sonatype.com
Here is a video explaining how to manage support contacts and your organization. Topics covered in the video include
- Creating an organization (0m 30s)
- Inviting members to your organization (1m 0s)
- Understanding Authorized Support Contacts (1m 28s)
- Designating Authorized Support Contacts (2m 0s)
How many authorized support contacts can my organization have?
Companies with regular support are allowed two named support contacts. Customers with extended support are allowed three named support contacts.
I am having trouble using my.sonatype.com to manage my authorized support contacts. Can you help me?
We are sorry to hear that. Please open a new ticket at https://support.sonatype.com, selecting "Customer Account Change" as the topic.
Can I have a generic support account, accessible by multiple people in my organization?
Authorized support users must be individuals and not a mailing list or other shared account.
Please see section 1.a of the support policy for more information: https://www.sonatype.com/usage/software-support-policy