When submitting a support request to Sonatype it is tremendously helpful if you supply us with diagnostic information from the affected product. We ask that you supply the following information with your support ticket:
- Diagnostic and log files from the affected server
- Build logs or screenshots of the client side issue
Failure to supply the needed information often results in unnecessary delays in ticket resolution times.
Getting the us the information we need is easy, see below for instructions for Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus IQ Server.
Go to Administration/Support Tools/Support Zip" in the UI and create a support zip:
Go to the administration UI. Then click on "Support ZIP", and "Create support ZIP":
Version 1.27 and newer
Create an IQ server support zip using the UI:
- Signin to the IQ Server as an Administrator user.
- Open a new browser tab and enter this URL (adjust 'localhost:8070' to your IQ Server hostname[:port]):
http://localhost:8070/rest/supportor, to include additional debugging information for IQ Server version 1.35+, add the URL parameter below:
http://localhost:8070/rest/support?includeDb=trueThe "?includeDb=true" parameter will allow us to recreate your unique policy configuration to aid in troubleshooting policy issues. If you use this option the support zip will include the names of your organizations and applications, and also your policy configuration.
- Save the generated zip file and attach it to your support ticket.
Create an IQ server support zip using curl:
- Open a command prompt / terminal on a host that has curl installed and can reach your IQ server host.
- Execute the following command (adjust 'localhost:8070' to your IQ Server hostname[:port] and admin:admin123 to your real Administrator user username and password ):
curl -u admin:admin123 -O -J http://localhost:8070/rest/support
or to include additional debugging information for IQ Server version 1.35+, add the URL parameter below:
curl -u admin:admin123 -O -J http://localhost:8070/rest/support?includeDb=true
- Locate the support zip file saved into the current directory and attach it to your support ticket.
Version 1.26 and older
Please compress(zip) the following files from the server installation and submit as a ticket attachment:
- config.yml ( obfuscate any passwords contained in this file before submittal )